Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What's Going On?




Well, I know I havn't said much on my blog lately. January has been CRAZY! My life is so busy.
Mark's dad came to visit on the 7 through the 12. It was so much fun! He had never met Sydney, of course, but he hadn't seen Elizabeth since she was 4 months old...and now she's 4 YEARS old! Needless to say, it was a pretty incredible visit.

While he was here, Sydney got really sick. I actually had to take her to the ER here. Turned out she had an ear infection and her lungs weren't 100% clear. They said it was pretty much pneumonia. She had to be on medication for a few days.
She got better pretty quick.
Then I got sick...again! I've been sick 3 times since October. I never get sick like this. I guess it's because I work full-time at a school where my students are coughing and sneezing in my face! Gotta love 'em.
Then when we had to put Summer down. That was very difficult.
The girls have had a great time at school this month! Sydney is loving school. She is crawling all over and playing with all the toys. Standing up while holding onto the tables and chairs and whatever she can find. The kids just love her to pieces and the high school students are so good with taking care of her. She is very loved there. Elizabeth loves having her sister at school with her. She's learning so many things. This pre-school is so wonderful. Each week there's a theme. Yesterday was "Teddy Bear Day" Everyone took a bear. How cute!
Elizabeth always brings home so many cute little crafts or drawings that she has done that day. Our fridge is so decorated!
I've been very busy at work. The kids are so cute. It's draining, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
Here's some random pictures of the girls being silly and having fun at home.

2 comments:

Emily and Dustin said...

I like the picture of Sydney leaning over the bathtub. That one is cute.

Melissa said...

Yeah, it reminds me of when Elizabeth leaned over Sydney's little hospital bed looking in at her.