Friday, October 30, 2009

"Hey Mom! I pulled my tooth out!"



Elizabeth lost her 1st tooth! Yay Big girl! This tooth has been loose for probably a month or 2...I can't even remember when we first noticed it, but she's been working on it forever it seems like. We've been trying for weeks now to get it out. She just wasn't ready to let it go that way. Elizabeth is so smart so I knew I had to just leave it up to her to get this tooth out!
So, on Wednesday, I was picking her up from pre-school to take her to Kindergarten. I always pass by other moms who are also picking up their kids to take them to kindergarten. I saw Elizabeth's friend, Marlee and her mom. They told me that all the rage in the pre-school right then was that Elizabeth had just lost a tooth! I was like "What? Finally!" So, I rushed in there and there's Elizabeth with a little ziplock baggie holding it up for everyone to see. She's got about 5 or 6 kids all huddled around her looking at her tooth in the bag and then looking at the new little "gap" in her mouth. She sees me and runs up to me and I pretend I don't know a thing! "Hey Mommy! I pulled my tooth out!" Well, of course I had to be Miss Drama Queen and make the biggest deal out of it. I was so proud of her! I grabbed her and hugged her and cheered her on. Her pre-school teachers said that they've never had anyone loose a tooth while they were there at school. So she made history. She is loving the fact that SHE was the one who got out her tooth and no one else. Sydney was very proud as well...as much as she could be while she's busy playing with baby dolls and riding bikes with Grant and Ava...
Such a sign that my Elizabeth is growing up so fast! (Guess who has a birthday soon? Cannot believe it)

4 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Wow- Yay for Elizabeth. Maybe it was all the Halloween candy that helped get it out! (o=

Rachelle said...

awesome news. i love that it was such a big deal. how fun that it was at school! Go ELIZABETH.

Emily said...

That's really exciting.

I heard about little Sydney. Is she feeling better?

Melissa said...

oh yes thanks for asking! she is doing great! she has to be on the same laxative that elizabeth was on when she was sydney's age. i guess they both have to endure this bowel issue during their toddler years! sad...but doing just fine:)