Sunday, March 7, 2010

HaPpY bIrThDaY sYdNeY!

Today my baby turns 3! Seriously, where does time go? She is an amazing child and I am so grateful to have her in my life.
Kind of a funny story about how I found out we were having her...I had been off birth control for a few months and was actually wanting to get back on it because I just wasn't sure when I wanted to have another baby...Well, I had made the appointment with my doctor and they had to do a urine test to make sure that I wasn't pregnant before they put me back on it.
Sure enough, Sydney was already brewing inside me. Of course I couldn't believe it! I was so surprised and here I almost got back on birth control! All I can say is, thank goodness they give you a test first! I was about a month along and didn't even know it...Although I think that's normal, usually you don't really find out til then or so. Of course usually you're not at your doctor to get something that's going to prevent you from having more kids! And I love the age gap between Elizabeth and Sydney. I'm so happy she came when she did! But then when we found out we were having another GIRL! My other girl name was always Sydney. I never thought I'd get to use it though. I'm so happy I did. Now I just need to actually go to Sydney, Australia to show Sydney why that's her name!
Anyway, I have always loved the story of how I found out. And I was by myself, too, so I didn't have Mark there with me at the doctor to help me through it. Or to have him be there when they told me. That was kind of hard. I just sat in my car and bawled and bawled. Feeling EVERY emotion there is. Then I called him and he was ecstatic. Now, she's 3 years old! She is doing SO MUCH right now. Her preschool is the best thing in the world for her. She has more friends than I can count..She sings, she draws, she paints, she LOVES books more than anyone I know, she loves to "read", she loves to help in the kitchen, she loves to do dishes, laundry, and take care of her kitty...She has a special love for animals, she can say "I love you, Mommy" and melt my heart in 2 seconds flat and she loves her big sister more than anything in the world.
Happy Birthday, Sydney Belle...We can't tell you how much we love you!

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Oh Happy Birthday Syndey, she is such a SWEET lil' gal!

Stuart and Christine said...

I love you so much Sydney You are my favorite 3 year old You are growing up so fast Love, Grandma Chris