Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Few Firsts



Sydney had a big week! Last Thursday April 24th, she basically said her first real word. I was picking up the girls from pre-school and while I had Sydney in my arms, trying to clock them out on the teacher's computer, Sydney leans over pointing to the desk where there is a little baby doll and said "Ba..by" It was awesome!
I clapped and cheered for her. She is truly in love with these dolls. Her teachers get them out for her right when we arrive in the morning. If you ever want to get Sydney a present, get her a baby!
OK, the next picture was from the other night. I was sitting on the floor folding laundry and Sydney comes walking over to me with a book in her hands. She turns around and starts backing up and then plops into my lap so I will read her the book.
It was so cute. It's exactly what Elizabeth did at this age. Just over a year old.
Anyway, it was so cool and just shows how much these little ones learn in their first few years. Babies and toddlers are so smart!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

oh that is darling. my first word was Da-Da. I love to see how maternal little girls can be. They are so loving to little baby dolls. gotta love it.

Alicia Phillips said...

What a smart-pants. Wow I don't think I will ever get used to how fast the little ones grow up. Sydney is such a sweet heart!

Jonathan & Aubrey said...

Very cool. I can't wait to have kids...........



..................



......

Melissa said...

rachelle,
sydney is so maternal!
alicia,
it goes by way too fast doesnt it?
baby kaleb will be walking and talking before you know it!
jonathan and aubrey,
having kids is the BEST thing in the world! but first...ENJOY the time you 2 have alone together.